It’s been an exciting time so far this year since our last hiring post. Yugabyte continues to hire across all roles in all regions! In this month’s post we’ll share with you recent company happenings, introduce a new diversity and inclusion program that we’re incredibly excited about, introduce a member of the team so you can “meet” some of your potential new coworkers, and share with you current job openings within Yugabyte and in the broader YugabyteDB community.
Recent Highlights and Happenings
YugabyteDB Turned 5 Years Old!
The YugabyteDB project was born on Feb 4, 2016, which means it’s officially 5+ years old! 🥳 It’s been an amazing journey over the last half-decade, and there are many more exciting things still to come. Check out the blog post by Karthik Ranganathan, Co-Founder and CTO of Yugabyte, to read a brief recounting of the technical journey that led to the creation of the YugabyteDB distributed SQL database: Reimagining the RDBMS for the Cloud. Not only did we turn 5, but we also recently achieved some exciting community milestones that we’re very proud of: 5000+ stars on GitHub and 3000+ members in the YugabyteDB Slack community. Join us!
We Raised Additional $48M in Funding
We recently announced our latest funding round of $48M led by Lightspeed Venture Partners with additional participation by Greenspring Associates, Dell Technologies Capital, Wipro Ventures, and 8VC. This comes on the heels of a $30M raise announced in June 2020, bringing the total funding currently raised to $103M. This additional funding is being used to accelerate the launch of the fully managed YugabyteDB Managed offering in addition to growing the R&D, sales, and customer support functions worldwide.
Introducing Yugabyte University
In January we announced the launch of Yugabyte University, our new education program that features a variety of instructor-led and on-demand courses that enable you to learn distributed SQL fundamentals, development, and administration in a variety of ways that suit you best. We’ve already conducted several free training and certification options covering a variety of topics and skill levels. Learn more about Yugabyte University offerings here and see the training schedule here.
Recapping Distributed SQL Summit Asia
We held the Distributed SQL Summit Asia earlier this year and had more than 750 attendees, 35 speakers and MCs “on stage” in the virtual event platform, and produced 900 minutes of content across the three days in a mix of recorded presentations with live Q&A. We’ll be recapping the presentation highlights in the coming weeks here on the Yugabyte blog. You can view all twenty four of the talks from the Summit in the showcase on Vimeo or the playlist on YouTube.
Introducing You @ Yugabyte to Celebrate Diversity and Inclusion
April is Diversity Month! We could think of no better time to officially launch our new Diversity and Inclusion program called You @ Yugabyte. 🎉
Our company culture is the sum of each team member and every person plays a part in creating it. We need infinite new and diverse ideas, perspectives, and contributions to inspire us, help us do our best work, and achieve our mission. The world is wonderfully full of diversity, and when people with differences come together it makes a strong, meaningful, and impactful community, and results in far better business outcomes.
We are introducing You @ Yugabyte to spread the importance of diversity and inclusion, to continue to foster a company culture where every voice is included, celebrated, and respected, and to attract and promote diverse leaders and individuals who will help us reach new heights.
Here’s a sneak peek of one of the ways we are kicking off the program and celebrating diversity this month – by celebrating the diverse perspectives our fellow Yugabeings bring to the team. Thank you Subha Govindarajan for all your contributions to the team and culture here at Yugabyte! 🎊 🙏🏾
This is the start of You @ Yugabyte to celebrate and accelerate diversity and inclusion here, but by no means the end. Stay tuned for much more.
Current Openings at Yugabyte
Health and safety remain a top priority for all of our roles. As such, all Yugabyte interviews are held virtually, so we can all continue doing our part with social distancing and containment efforts. Although we are based in Silicon Valley, we hire exceptional folks wherever they are! Yugabyte is currently hiring for these open positions across all departments:
- Customer Success:
- Backend Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
- Drivers and Tools Engineer, Ecosystem Engineering
- Engineering Leader, Cloud Infrastructure
- Performance Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer, Build Systems
- Software Development Engineer In Test
- Software Engineer Intern – Core Database
- Software Engineer Intern (Backend) – Cloud Infrastructure
- Software Engineer Intern (Frontend) – Cloud Infrastructure
- Software Engineer, Core Database
- Software Engineer, Full Stack
- Software Engineer, Internal Tools
Current Openings in the Broader Yugabyte Community
As the broader Yugabyte community grows, so do the number of openings to help support those deployments. We scanned the Internet and found these openings:
- Database Engineer, Hudson River Trading
- Sr Software Engineer – Swift Developer, PassiveLogic
- Sr Software Engineer – Systems Developer, PassiveLogic
- Data Visualization Developer, CipherTrace
- Data Engineer, CipherTrace
- Data Scientist, CipherTrace
- Big Data Pipeline Engineer, CipherTrace
- Sr. Technical Product Manager, Data Pipeline and APIs, CipherTrace
- Database Administrator, Backblaze
- Technical Platform Product Manager—Data, Analytics, and AI/ML, U.S. Bank
- Database Administrator
- GraphQL and OrientDB Expert
- Principal Site Reliability Engineer
- Java Developer Level 3
- Visit our careers page for Yugabyte’s current openings and other information.
- Not yet familiar with our distributed SQL database? Get started with YugabyteDB on macOS, Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes.