Recent Highlights and Happenings
It’s been another fast-moving month here at Yugabyte. Although it remains a difficult time nationally and globally, it’s our hope that sharing this information and our currently open positions may be some good news at a time when it’s needed most.
On the momentum front, we recently announced that we raised $30 million in an oversubscribed Series B funding round led by 8VC, with participation from Wipro Ventures and existing investors, Lightspeed, and Dell Technologies Capital. We also welcomed two new board members, Bhaskar Ghosh from 8VC and Scott Yara, formerly of Greenplum and Pivotal Software.
We are also super stoked to achieve some exciting community milestones, including 4,000+ GitHub stars, 100+ open source contributors, and 1150+ community Slack members; you can dive into these and other YugabyteDB community happenings here.
And we are happy to announce that the YugabyteDB Operator is certified and available as a Beta release on Red Hat OpenShift, a leading enterprise Kubernetes platform for deploying and managing cloud native applications. Check out that announcement here.
Due to COVID-19, we remain fully virtual in all aspects of our work, including recruiting. Because in-person meetings are restricted, we looked for ways to bring to life what it’s like to work at Yugabyte. In the spirit of doing so, we will introduce a Yugabeing in our hiring posts so you can learn about what it’s like to work here directly from the talented people who have already joined us on our ambitious mission. With that, here’s an introduction to Neha Deodhar.
Meet Neha Deodhar, Director of Engineering
Q: Where are you based?
A: SF Bay Area
Q: What do you do at Yugabyte?
A. Distributed SQL! I lead a team of talented engineers developing a distributed query language for YugabyteDB. We’re responsible for:
- Developing SQL features that make it easy for you to run a variety of applications
- Query planning and optimizations for high performance in a distributed setup
- Query visibility, security, client drivers, and the ability to run industry standard benchmarks on YugabyteDB
Q: What’s one great thing about working at Yugabyte?
Q: What positions are currently open on your team?
A: We’ve barely scratched the surface of what we want to achieve and are looking to grow the team to help us do that. There are a number of open engineering positions: https://www.yugabyte.com/careers/#jobs
We’re looking for talented and passionate individuals who are driven by our ambitious mission and are excited about building impactful products. We value individuality, work life balance, and believe that everyone should feel respected and be able to bring their authentic selves to work. If this sounds exciting to you, come work with us!
Q: When you aren’t working, what are you up to?
A: I love cooking and experimenting with a variety of dishes. My husband and two young kids have been gracious enough to indulge my passion. More recently, I’ve also gotten into and started enjoying Bollywood dancing!
Current Openings at Yugabyte
Health and safety remain a top priority for all of our roles. As such, all Yugabyte interviews are held virtually, so we can all continue doing our part with social distancing and containment efforts. Although we are based in Silicon Valley, we hire exceptional folks wherever they are! Yugabyte is currently hiring for these open positions in our Customer Success, Engineering, and Marketing teams:
- QA Engineer
- Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Community Success Engineer
- Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
- Software Engineer, Core Database
- Software Engineer, Full Stack
- Solutions Engineer
- Developer Advocate
Current Openings in the Broader Yugabyte Community
As the broader Yugabyte community grows, so do the number of openings to help support those deployments. We scanned the Internet and found these openings:
- Data Visualization Developer, Ciphertrace
- Data Engineer, Ciphertrace
- Data Scientist, Ciphertrace
- Big Data Pipeline Engineer, Ciphertrace
- Sr. Technical Product Manager, Data Pipeline and APIs, Ciphertrace
- GraphQL and OrientDB Expert
- Visit our careers page for Yugabyte’s current openings and other information.
- Not yet familiar with our distributed SQL database? Get started with YugabyteDB on macOS, Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- If you don’t see a job that fits but would like an opportunity to turn your passion for Yugabyte into your profession, email us.