What a great KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2020 earlier this month! We were happy to participate, sponsor, and help #KeepCloudNativeConnected.
Thank you to everyone who stopped by the YugabyteDB booth, and a big thanks to all who redeemed your virtual swag of $5 to charity. Together, your swag redemptions ended up in more than $3,000 being donated across these three charities:
- Project HOPE is on the ground, helping coordinate deliveries of urgently needed medical supplies, protective gear, and other assistance and support.
- Black Girls CODE has set out to prove to the world that girls of every color have the skills to become the programmers of tomorrow.
- Children International has a bold vision: graduating healthy, educated, empowered, and employed young adults from its program to break the cycle of poverty.
For those of you who weren’t able to visit us but still want to explore what YugabyteDB is all about, here are some resources for you…
What Is YugabyteDB?
New to cloud native, distributed SQL databases? YugabyteDB is an open source, high-performance distributed SQL database built on a scalable and fault-tolerant design inspired by Google Spanner. YugabyteDB is PostgreSQL wire compatible, cloud native, offers deep integration with GraphQL projects, plus it supports advanced RDBMS features like stored procedures, triggers, and UDFs.
Popular Cloud Native Content
At our virtual booth, we invited people to browse our distributed SQL + cloud native blogs and videos. Based on booth visits so far, here’s what was most popular.
- 9 Techniques to Build Cloud-Native, Geo-Distributed SQL Apps with Low Latency
- Getting Started with Longhorn Distributed Block Storage and Cloud Native Distributed SQL
- Monitoring YugabyteDB with Prometheus and Grafana in Kubernetes
- Understanding How YugabyteDB Runs on Kubernetes
- Getting Started with Hasura GraphQL & YugabyteDB on GKE
- Getting Started with YugabyteDB and GraphQL on Kubernetes
- Getting Started with YugabyteDB on GKE with Helm 3
- How-to: Longhorn Distributed Block Storage and Cloud-Native Distributed SQL
Keep the Momentum Going at the Distributed SQL Summit: September 15 – 17
If you want to dive in to distributed SQL even further, and hear how and why technology leaders and innovators from VMware, Pinterest, Twitter, Mastercard, Comcast, Rakuten Mobile, Kroger, and more are using distributed databases, join us for the Distributed SQL Virtual Summit, Sept 15-17.
The Distributed SQL Virtual Summit is a free online conference to push the boundaries of cloud native RDBMS forward. Join fellow thought leaders, database builders, and application developers to discuss and learn how to leverage distributed SQL systems to build applications and services in the cloud. See you there!