[#1845] YSQL: Support for TLS Server to Server Encryption
TLS encryption is now supported between yb-master and yb-tserver processes. To enable this new functionality you’ll want to start your master process with the following:
bin/yb-master \ --fs_data_dirs= \ --master_addresses= \ --certs_dir=/home/centos/tls/$NODE_IP \ --allow_insecure_connections=false \ --use_node_to_node_encryption=true
And the tserver process as such:
bin/yb-tserver \ --fs_data_dirs= \ --tserver_master_addrs= \ --certs_dir /home/centos/tls/$NODE_IP \ --use_node_to_node_encryption=true &
For more information on this feature, check out the TLS encryption documentation.
New Documentation, Blogs, Tutorials, and Videos
- The Benefit of Partial Indexes in Distributed SQL Databases
- How YugabyteDB Scales to More than 1 Million Inserts Per Sec
- Working with PostgreSQL Data Types in YugabyteDB
- YugabyteDB Community Engineering Update, Tricks and Tips – Oct 18, 2019
- 9 Techniques to Build Cloud-Native, Geo-Distributed SQL Apps with Low Latency
- How to: PostgreSQL Fuzzy String Matching In YugabyteDB
We have uploaded over a dozen videos from this year’s Distributed SQL Summit. You can links to the presentations, slides and a recap of the highlights by checking out, “2019 Distributed SQL Summit Recap and Highlights.”
Upcoming Meetups and Conferences
- Nov 13: Montreal PostgreSQL Meetup
- Nov 14: NYC PostgreSQL Meetup
Distributed SQL Webinars
- 10/30: Distributed Databases Deconstructed: CockroachDB, TiDB and YugabyteDB
- 11/6: Developing Cloud-Native Spring Microservices with a Distributed SQL Backend
- Nov 18-21: San Diego
Dec 2-6: Las Vegas
Ready to start exploring YugabyteDB features? Getting up and running locally on your laptop is fast. Visit our quickstart page to get started.
- Compare YugabyteDB in depth to databases like CockroachDB, Google Cloud Spanner and MongoDB.
- Get started with YugabyteDB on macOS, Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Contact us to learn more about licensing, pricing or to schedule a technical overview.