At a glance
As a leader in SASE, Netskope is redefining cloud, data, and network security to apply zero trust principles to protect data and address evolving threats.
With new innovations coming in CASB, Netskope needed a modern, cloud native database that delivered high performance at scale with strong data consistency.
YugabyteDB allows Netskope to easily scale and improve their reliability and performance without the tradeoffs of time and effort required by legacy solutions.
Netskope is a global cybersecurity leader that is redefining cloud, data, and network security to help organizations adopt Zero Trust principles
Netskope is redefining cloud, data, and network security to help organizations apply zero trust principles to protect data. As a leader in SASE, Netskope delivers Borderless WAN and Intelligent Security Service Edge (SSE) capabilities such as secure web gateway (SWG), zero trust network access (ZTNA), and cloud access security broker (CASB) as a converged offering. Thousands of customers worldwide, including more than 25 of the Fortune 100, use Netskope to address evolving threats, new risks, technology shifts, organizational and network changes, and new regulatory requirements.
Netskope’s category-leading CASB solution is a key part of its converged SASE platform, allowing enterprises to confidently and securely adopt cloud applications. Rapid growth in cloud applications and users means that Netskope’s CASB must handle massive data spikes as a result of cloud use.
- Monolithic databases struggled to meet the spikey nature of dynamic, cloud usage
- Rapid growth putting pressure on legacy systems to maintain high performance and low latencies while scaling
- Legacy solutions struggled to match the agility and flexibility of modern cloud native applications deployed on Rancher and Kubernetes
- Increasing operational costs as more and more time and effort are required to ensure legacy solutions work with new apps
Netskope chose YugabyteDB as its distributed SQL database to power new innovations in its category-leading Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) as a result of its ability to deliver across a set of key database requirements:
- High performance at scale: Deliver best possible customer experience while meeting dynamic scaling requirements of cloud growth
- Easy scalability: Rapidly expand out capabilities during unexpected surges in demand and usage
- Cloud native data layer: Supports diverse microservices with core benefits that align with those of a modern Kubernetes architecture
- Simplified operations: Reduce time and effort required by operations team to deploy and manage the data layer
The growing adoption of cloud applications is generating massive amounts of data around user access. We need a database that can deliver the scale, performance, and cloud native capabilities required for our data infrastructure to meet the growing needs. The core capabilities of YugabyteDB allow us to easily scale and improve our reliability and performance without the tradeoffs of time and effort required by legacy solutions.
Jake RoersmaVice President of Platform Engineering