At a glance
This global financial services leader delivers innovative, industry-leading solutions in areas that span from payments to account processing to digital banking to e-commerce.
Embracing the public cloud and microservices were hampered by legacy databases that hindered developer productivity and agility as well as the ability to rapidly scale and grow their services.
YugabyteDB was selected as this company’s modern database because of its ability to ensure high levels of performance at scale, to deliver cost savings, and to provide confidence with high availability.
Global financial leader delivers core services for payment, account processing and eCommerce
As a global financial services leader, this multinational company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and delivers innovative, industry-leading solutions in areas that span from payments to account processing to digital banking to e-commerce. The multi-billion dollar company is a key member of the banking industry and is enjoying growing demand for their services.
As the large financial services company continues to grow their existing services as well as launch new offerings, they have a strategic initiative focused on modernizing both their applications and development methodologies while embracing a multi-cloud strategy to minimize concentration risk with a single-vendor. They need a modern data layer to connect their microservices and cloud initiatives to accelerate developer productivity and increase agility.
- Slow to adopt public cloud and microservices
- High legacy database license costs
- Limited scalability and agility from complex data layer
- Slow innovation because of extra burdens placed on the developer
Key Database Requirements
This financial leader embraced the distributed SQL solution YugabyteDB because it was uniquely positioned to deliver the following database capabilities:
- High levels of performance at scale for a significantly lower price than other solutions
- High availability and resilience to provide zero downtime during failures and upgrades while providing automatic rebalancing
- Simple APIs and automation at scale to relieve developers from unnecessary tasks, such as manual sharding and failovers
- Seamless security to protect data at rest and in transit with advanced features like encryption, RBAC, and flexible authentication
- Multi-cloud support to eliminate concentration risk of being locked into a single cloud or platform
We believe that Yugabyte is on the frontier of something that is very important. The fact that you are cloud native and have all these other capabilities, means that processing that you do, the information I keep getting, the integration of my clients that are all over the world, becomes infinitely easier with Distributed SQL.
Smaller footprint from competition but consistently delivered <10ms latencies
Cloud and platform agnostic architecture that is 100% open enabled multi-cloud freedom
High performance at scale delivered 50x lower response times than lead cloud database solutions