# BEGIN TRANSACTION;
Cloud Native Apps
Modern applications need a cloud native database that eliminates tradeoffs and silos. The world's leading enterprises are modernizing from Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and other legacy RDBMSs to YugabyteDB for mission-critical applications.
# INSERT INTO users VALUES (‘devs’, ‘devops’, ‘architects’);
YugabyteDB is for You
Whether you are an app developer, database operator or architect, YugabyteDB has what you need.
- Feature compatibility with Postgres
- Performance that scales out simply by adding nodes
- Resilience and consistency built into the data layer
- Integrations with popular languages and tools
- 100% open source
- Flexible deployment – hybrid and multi-cloud
- Built-in resilience and availability
- Effortless horizontal scaling
- Enterprise-grade security features
- Maintenance operations without downtime
- No cloud lock-in
- Most secure distributed SQL database available
- Lower TCO for dev, staging, and production deployments
- Powering a wide range of cloud native workloads
- Risk-free migration from on-prem to the cloud
Business Critical Microservices
YugabyteDB Open Source Distributed SQL Database
Data in Our Infrastructure or Yours
Meet Our Customers
Microservices and SOA is at the heart of our digital transformation efforts. Yugabyte makes it possible for Kroger to fully embrace cloud native.
Sriram Samu VP Engineering, Customer Technology
We evaluated CockroachDB, but decided to go with YugabyteDB because we got 3x better performance with fewer resources, while avoiding the significant hiccups in latency we saw with CockroachDB.
James Hartig Co-founder, Admiral
Our customers require immediate and accurate results when querying large data sets. We were able to quickly switch from DataStax to YugabyteDB which offered more compelling features for our developers.
Shanon Holland CTO, CipherTrace
We need a 100% reliable transactional database for our connected IoT platform that is capable of near-infinite scaling and can serve large datasets at very low latencies.
Sai Nagboth Co-founder and CTO, Turvo
# COMMIT TRANSACTION;
Get Started Today
Experience the power of YugabyteDB first hand.
Choose your adventure.
Choose your adventure.
# EXPLAIN select * from yugabytedb;
DISTRIBUTED SQL BLOG
Yugabyte Raises $188 Million Series C to Make Distributed SQL Ubiquitous
Sapphire Ventures led the round with participation from Alkeon Capital, Meritech Capital, and Wells Fargo Strategic Capital, as well as existing investors. Read More
Introducing YugabyteDB Managed - Effortless Distributed SQL
YugabyteDB Managed, the fully managed DBaaS offering of YugabyteDB, is now generally available. Read More
Geo-Distribution in YugabyteDB: Engineering Around the Physics of Latency
YugabyteDB offers a comprehensive suite of geo-distributed deployment and data replication options that cater to the varied needs of enterprises. Read More