Staying Connected During COVID-19: Join Us at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2020
We are excited to sponsor KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2020 and participate alongside other open source and cloud native communities coming together to drive cloud native computing forward. Although many people across the world remain physically distanced (us included), we believe that coming together as a community and maintaining a sense of connection are still very essential and important. That’s why we are happy to take part in the virtual KubeCon + CloudNativeCon event taking place August 17-20, and if you’re attending, we hope you’ll come “meet” us!
New to cloud native, distributed SQL databases? YugabyteDB is an open source, high-performance distributed SQL database built on a scalable and fault-tolerant design inspired by Google Spanner. YugabyteDB is PostgreSQL wire compatible, cloud native, offers deep integration with GraphQL projects, plus it supports advanced RDBMS features like stored procedures, triggers, and UDFs.
We invite you to visit our virtual booth, check out the resources we curated and made available to you, and … most importantly connect with us! Friendly Yugabeings across our community, development, and data engineering teams will be standing by in the booth to greet you and answer any questions you may have for us. You can ask us about distributed SQL, cloud native application development, Kubernetes, running a database on Kubernetes, scaling across multiple regions, zones, clouds, and clusters — or anything else that’s on your mind.
While you’re visiting, make sure to redeem your virtual swag–free $5 to give to one of these worthy causes:
- Project HOPE – Project HOPE is on the ground, helping coordinate deliveries of urgently needed medical supplies, protective gear, and other assistance and support.
- Black Girls CODE – Black girls CODE has set out to prove to the world that girls of every color have the skills to become the programmers of tomorrow.
- Children International has a bold vision: graduating healthy, educated, empowered, and employed young adults from its program to break the cycle of poverty.
Because events are virtual for the foreseeable future, we’ve allocated events funds to donate to charity on your behalf. We hope you’ll take advantage of your free $5 and give to the cause above that is nearest and dearest to your heart.
Beyond the documents, links, and videos that you can find in our virtual booth — you can also check out our cloud native collection of content on the web anytime. And reach out to us on our community Slack, Twitter, LinkedIn.
From the ground up, YugabyteDB was designed for cloud native environments and can be deployed in the following Kubernetes platforms:
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Red Hat OpenShift
- VMware Tanzu
YugabyteDB is deployed as a StatefulSet on Kubernetes and requires persistent storage. Distributed block storage can be used for backing YugabyteDB local disks, allowing the provisioning of large-scale persistent volumes. YugabyteDB supports the following CNCF storage projects.
When open source matters, it is important that YugabyteDB plays nice with your favorite open source projects and tools. Every month we announce several open source integrations, so this list is not comprehensive, but should give you an idea of the sorts of projects that integrate with YugabyteDB that have been demonstrated in our Docs, blogs, and video library.
Interested in learning more? Check out this small sample of CNCF project integrations we’ve documented.
- “Getting Started with Longhorn Distributed Block Storage and Cloud Native Distributed SQL”
- “Getting Started with OpenEBS and Cloud-Native Distributed SQL”
- “Highly Available Prometheus Metrics for Distributed SQL with Thanos on GKE”
- “Monitoring YugabyteDB with Prometheus and Grafana in Kubernetes”
- “Announcing YugabyteDB on Crossplane, the Open Source Multicloud Control Plane”
- “Announcing the Rook Operator for YugabyteDB”
YugabyteDB doesn’t pay lip service to open source like other Distributed SQL projects. We don’t trick you into downloading software that has time-bombed enterprise features that you can “try,” but ultimately have to “buy”. Advanced features like read replicas, encryption, distributed backups, change data capture, and multi-master async replication are all available under the Apache 2.0 license. To learn more about our commitment to open source, check out, “Why we changed YugabyteDB licensing to 100% open source”.
If you’re attending KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2020, visit our virtual booth and chat with us! If you’re not yet attending, but would like a free pass, reach out and let us know, we have a few passes remaining to share with our community. See you there!